Employment – Engineering
For the last 5 years I have been working as a ruby developer, and then team lead, for a remote first company. So I have experience in successfully running a distributed team, which, to quote the CEO of my company is ‘simply the best run team I have ever worked with in my 20+ years of working with developers’.
As well as being able to lead tech teams, I’m also a self motivated, organised and productive engineer myself.
Over the last 2 years we have completed a project of migrating our application from a Ruby on Rails monolith to a set of microservices, and are using AWS for our ops with Kubernetes and Istio.
July 2015 – Present
Insured By Us
Engineering team lead (March 2018 – present)
Heading up the Insured by Us engineering team responsible for the rewrite of our travel insurance solutions into an API based suite of products.
Ruby on Rails Developer (July 2015 – March 2018)
- Member of the team building and maintaining a travel insurance platform
Employment Jan 2009-July 2014
August 2014 – July 2015
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Member of the team creating the Purchase Plus procurement system
- Winner of the 2015 Sydney SheHacks Hackathon
- Rails Girls Summer of Code (Contributing to Open Source)
- Rails Girls & Rails Girls Next Organiser (student, then mentor, then presenter, now organiser)
- RoroSyd Organiser
- CS101 study group
- Development Hubs
- Rails Camp
- Ruby Conf
- They Vote for You (Contributing to Open Source)
Employment – Previous
Jan 2009-July 2014
Digital Marketing Consultant/ Director
- Co-founded the agency to provide clients with digital strategy and search marketing advice.
- Specialised in paid search marketing, gaining Google and Microsoft Advertising certifications.
- Articles published in industry leading websites, including MOZ.com
Sep 2007 – Dec 08
Tamar.com London & Shanghai
Head of Analytics
Providing clients, including Tesco Personal Finance and Lloyds TSB, with insights into their online performance using various analytics packages.
Jan 2006-Sep 2007
Crown Prosecution Service of England and Wales
Policy researcher on recidivism project.
Jan 2004 – Oct 05
Australian Department of Finance & Administration
Federal Budget Analyst for Family & Communities Services
Jul – Oct 2013
Back End Web Development
1999 – 2003
University of Wollongong
Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
Bachelor of Commerce (Economics/Finance)