I am inordinately proud of a React App I just built.
It is an update of one of the first Rails Apps I ever made, and that I still use to this day – my app to rate high teas.
This new version (note: there is a bug that means you have to wait or reload, must fix) is a React app that pulls data from my old version via an API. I then deployed it onto AWS S3. The code can be found here, but some details that I want to point out are:
- I was originally very bamboozled by how to set up a JS project, thus I recorded some notes here.
- I used webpack to bundle it up, and then deployed the dist folder to an s3 bucket on AWS with:
aws s3 sync dist/ s3://high-tea --acl public-read --delete --profile profileName